Dujiangyan Panda Keeper Program
- Detailed itinerary
- Extend or shorten tour
- Optional activities
7:10am Collection from your hotel in Chengdu.
8:30am Arrive at the Dujiangyan Panda Base and sign up with the assistance of your guide. get a panda keepers’uniform, gloves, and a volunteer’s card. the stuff will teach you what and how to do as a professional panda keepers. Your guide will be there all the time for translation
9:00am–10:00am Clean the panda enclosures.
10:00am–11:00am Take a break and tour around the panda base. There are about 10 pandas in the base and some of them were born abroad, including the most popular Tai Shan, who arrived from the U.S. in 2010 and his younger brother Bao Bao who arrived from U.S in 2017.You will also have a chance to meet four naughty red pandas.
11:00am–11:30am Feed a panda! Because the nutrition in Banboo isn't enough even they eat 25kg or so a day. So pandas are supplied with panda cakes, apples, and carrots four times a day. The panda keepers will show you how to feed a panda with your own hands.
11:30am–1:00pm Have lunch in the panda keepers’ canteen. we recommend you prepare some snacks . After lunch, you can walk around to continue exploring or have a rest.
1:00pm–2:00pm Watch a panda movie about 40 minutes. You will see a special documentary about how pandas mate, give birth, grow up, and return to the wild.
2:00pm–3:00pm More cleaning and feeding. clean the panda’s enclosure and feed the pandas with some more panda cakes and apples.
3:00pm–3:30pm the stuff will teach you how to make the special cakes for panda. The ingredients will be prepared in advance.
3:30pm–4:00pm Get a certificate. The volunteer work ends here. Your guide and driver will escort you back to your hotel in Chengdu and you will arrive at around 5:30pm.
1. No flip-flop,It is in the mountain, and you will clean the enclosure.
2. No nail polish and perfume.Since you will will be very close to panda to feed them, they are very sensitive about the smell.3.Please read the safety protocol carefully. Pandas are cute but animals as well. No touching of the pandas.
1. The price list above is not inclue hotel in Chengdu
2. If you need a hotel in Chengdu, Please check on our accommodation page or check with us.
1 person: $309
2–5 people: $189
6–9 people: $119
• Entrance to scenic spots listed in the itinerary
• Panda Keeper Program fee at Dujiangyan Panda Base(750 yuan)
• English-speaking tour guide
• Private transfers between the hotel in Chengdu and attractions
• Golf cart inside the base
• Simple lunch
1. Tip for guide and driver.
2. Any other cost.
3. Optional tour to Mt. Qingchengshan or Dujiangyan Dam.
4.the donation for panda ’s protection which will allow you have the chance to hold a panda for photos.
1 day Chengdu tour
2 days to world cultural and natural heritage —Leshan giant buddy and Mount Emei
3 days to world natural heritage—Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong national park
1 day Qingcheng Taoist mountain and Dujiangyan Dam
same day tour to Dujiangyan Dam
Please check with us for details
Shufengyayun opera show